Request for Reinstatement
If you are a former student of the BScN program who was required to withdraw from the program and you wish to apply for reinstatement, please see the information below:
1. Complete the Reinstatement Request form which can be obtained in the:
Office of the Registrar, Gilmour Hall, Room 108, McMaster University
Hamilton, ON L8S 4L8, 905-525-4600
2. Submit your completed form to the Office of the Registrar along with the application fee and a letter detailing the following:
- A brief summary of the circumstances relevant to your lack of academic success
- Reasons for selection of program
- Reasons for selection of courses
- Activities since last registered at the University, including all academic work. You should provide evidence that you will now be able to succeed in a post-secondary program.
- If applicable, you should support your application with appropriate documentation (e.g. from a doctor, lawyer, therapist)
Applications (and letters) are due by February 1st of the year that you wish to reinstate.
If granted, reinstatements normally occur in September of the academic year.