The McMaster Mohawk Conestoga BScN Program has several non-academic requirements to be completed before students can attend community or clinical placements.
The following list is a summary of these requirements:
- Immunization Form — to be completed upon entry into the program. A followup TB test is required annually for Levels 2, 3 and 4.
- CPR – Health Care Provider Level with Automatic Defibrillator (AED) and Bag Valve Mask (BVD). Must be updated annually
- Vulnerable Sector Screen (Police check) updated annually
- Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA) — an online module completed upon entry into the program
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) — an online module completed annually. Incoming students will also attend a class in the first term of the program.
- Violence and Harassment in the Workplace — online module completed upon entry into the program
- Mask Fit — Information and testing session completed prior to the first institutional clinical experience. Must be done every 2 years. Students may be required to attend a class annually
- Fire Safety Training — reviewed annually through an online module. Incoming students may be required to attend a scheduled class in their first term
- Healthcare Systems Placement Network (HSPnet) Consent — Consent to place students using a database (only done in year of entry)
- Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) form — Signed at the beginning of the program
Each site has its own procedures for completing these requirements. Incoming students will receive a package containing details regarding all non academic requirements. Returning students receive information at Level orientations in the winter term.
BScN Program Office
Phone: (905) 525-9140 Ext. 22940 or 20062
Office hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm
Mohawk Pre-Placement Services
Log into Mocomotion to access required forms and submit completed forms to the Pre-Placement Office in
IAHS Room 121
Phone: (519) 748-5220 Ext. 2544